We all love to travel, to new places, new cities in cars, buses, caravans, by air, by the sea but I have travelled everyday since I was ten through books. I have let the ocean kiss my feet on the Coast of Ipanema and nosed around in Calgary and my travel expenses have never been more than the price of a McDonald Cheese Burger. Here's my travelogue where books can be found through the countries they have taken me to. The reviews are not professional and definitely not worth putting into a book review assignment for school! They are just a string of words that tell you what I felt when I travelled to a certain place. If it suits you, you go and book yourself a trip. If not, well...we'll keep it there!

Friday, August 1, 2014


The MadmanThe Madman by Khalil Gibran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A thing about Khalil Gibran: You can never read anything by him ever again that will hold the same place in your heart as The Prophet.

A thing about his poetry:You will love it anyway, more than works by any other poet.

Gibran was not just a poet but a storyteller, a philosopher and a doctor of the soul all wrapped in one. That's how his books are. They are like soup for an ailing soul, they enrich you and enchant you as you flip through their pages, and the only thing you can ever compare them to is another book by Khalil Gibran himself.

So, even if I say I give it a 4/5 rating, please bear in mind that it is only with respect to The Prophet and The Garden of the Prophet, that this book is a 4/5. If I have to compare it to anything else that I've ever read, it is far far superior and way more deep.

If you're big in Oriental Poetry, or poetry in general, i'd say, The Madman is a not-to-be-missed read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment