We all love to travel, to new places, new cities in cars, buses, caravans, by air, by the sea but I have travelled everyday since I was ten through books. I have let the ocean kiss my feet on the Coast of Ipanema and nosed around in Calgary and my travel expenses have never been more than the price of a McDonald Cheese Burger. Here's my travelogue where books can be found through the countries they have taken me to. The reviews are not professional and definitely not worth putting into a book review assignment for school! They are just a string of words that tell you what I felt when I travelled to a certain place. If it suits you, you go and book yourself a trip. If not, well...we'll keep it there!

Sunday, April 10, 2016


LoveLove by Pablo Neruda
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are very few poets in the world that you can claim to read in a state of half sleep, early in the morning and who can still fill your heart with their words, bewitch your senses and charm your imagination the way Pablo Neruda does. Apart from the poems of love and beauty, what really captured me in this collection was this particular poem about the mermaid and the drunks. An outwardly creature tormented by the world, surprised by how cruel humans can be, how inebriated they can be blind to all that is good and pure and simple, it was the one poem that said a thousand things through a short fable.

Neruda is the master of enchantment and I highly recommend this book to anyone, who claims to have even an ounce of feelings in their heart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment