We all love to travel, to new places, new cities in cars, buses, caravans, by air, by the sea but I have travelled everyday since I was ten through books. I have let the ocean kiss my feet on the Coast of Ipanema and nosed around in Calgary and my travel expenses have never been more than the price of a McDonald Cheese Burger. Here's my travelogue where books can be found through the countries they have taken me to. The reviews are not professional and definitely not worth putting into a book review assignment for school! They are just a string of words that tell you what I felt when I travelled to a certain place. If it suits you, you go and book yourself a trip. If not, well...we'll keep it there!

Saturday, November 4, 2017


Essential Rumi : Special calligraphed collectible editionEssential Rumi : Special calligraphed collectible edition by Jelaluddin Rumi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For someone who buys or receives almost every book translated from the works of Rumi, this particular anthology for me is like a trophy wife. It's gorgeous! It's perfect show-off material but it lacks what is actually "essential" in something titled "Essential Rumi" : a good translation! So, while Rumi remains the star of my poetic lovesand Lassaâd Metoui makes my copy every bit worth its price in gold, it you who fail me, Elfreda Powell and in failing me, also somewhere fail Rumi.

Except for 'And patience flees my heart' that is probably the only extract worthy of Rumi's original genius, the anthology was fairly mediocre, the kind that leaves you totally unaffected on an otherwise romantic spring morning!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment