We all love to travel, to new places, new cities in cars, buses, caravans, by air, by the sea but I have travelled everyday since I was ten through books. I have let the ocean kiss my feet on the Coast of Ipanema and nosed around in Calgary and my travel expenses have never been more than the price of a McDonald Cheese Burger. Here's my travelogue where books can be found through the countries they have taken me to. The reviews are not professional and definitely not worth putting into a book review assignment for school! They are just a string of words that tell you what I felt when I travelled to a certain place. If it suits you, you go and book yourself a trip. If not, well...we'll keep it there!

Sunday, November 5, 2017


Love PoemsLove Poems by Carol Ann Duffy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Random Personal Anecdote (Because I like to be Random) : You're not always on a holiday to a country you once lived in and meeting your best penfriend and her husband whilst there for a few hours, when you suddenly land into
a charity shop and find an anthology of a poet you discovered only two days ago while watching a random programme on rare breeds of pigs and witch burnings? I know I am not and I don't. What's less likely is you buying that anthology on an impulse! However, I can safely say that today I have been there and done that. In Oxfam at Nottinghill in London, after making up my mind that NOTHING is worth my money, I finally picked up this book and I was barely past the Let-me-stroke-your-lovely-embossed-book-jacket phase when I opened it and read one of the many verses inside and voĆ­la!

This book and some of the verses in it were meant for me, for this visit to England, for some of the feelings and thoughts I was going through. Now while that makes up just 5% of the anthology roughly, I am so glad I discovered this little book at all! And boy, am I glad I watched a random programme on the tele the other night!

What a find! And oh, what a feeling!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment